Monday, March 30, 2009

Hats 3, 4, & 5


I have finished these, since my last post. It is amazing how the pattern came out a little different on each one, yet I used the same ball of yarn for all of them. I think the way it comes out really depends on what point in the yarn I start the hat off in.

My sister had complimented the acorn top of number 2, just as I was finishing number 5. It was in my head, so I went for the acorn top again. That top is very hard to do! At that point, I am juggling three double pointed needles, with only two stitches on each one. The needles keep shifting around on me, and have almost slipped off several times.

I meant to swap yarn each time I start a new hat. However, I seem to finish hats when I am out of the house, so I just start casting on with the yarn I have with me. I did swap the yarn in my box, for the next hat. It will be nice to get away from yellow and white for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment